Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Uncomfortable silence



 Daniel was sleeping on the couch kept next to Rose’s bed, with ruffled hair and still in the clothes from the previous day. He tried not to fall asleep and kept checking her heart rate, again and again, to ensure that she was alright. But with the passing of time, the exhaustion got to him and the sleep that he kept putting off for the next few minutes came to him and turned deep easily from the weary day.

“…and again you prove me wrong” he heard a voice whisper slowly.

With a grunt and slow rise from the couch, wiping his hands in front of his face trying to bring himself back to reality, he woke up and saw a guy with his back to him. Just as he was going to say something, he saw Amelia enter the room, just as usual in her classic blue dress and a blue bouquet in her hand.

He stood up from his couch, and after checking Rose’s vitals, he saw that the guy was Simon.

“Oh sorry Daniel, we didn’t want to wake you up,” a voice said from behind Amelia who he found to be Gerald.

“Um, no, it’s alright,” Daniel replied in a hoarse voice biting back a yawn and explaining, “She hasn’t woken up yet. But the doctors have said she’ll be alright.”

Everyone nodded as the silence in the room grew uncomfortable; no one knew what to say.

There are moments when you cannot react anything to the circumstance when you have to wait for the time to pass and for the outcome to unfold and when you don’t have space in your mind to completely think about it. So you wait; you wait till the result is in front of you.

After a while of them sitting in the room, Daniel silently throwing eye daggers at Simon, Gerald stood up from the chair and said, “Daniel, my boy, you take care here, alright? Take a day off and look after my best employee. I mean, we’re here too, but since you’re closer to her than us and the poor thing has no family, you know?”

Daniel silently nodded and let out a sigh.

“So we should get going then, we have an office to run, don’t we?” Gerald laughed as everyone silently smiled and stood up as well.

Daniel followed them out of the room and as they were leaving, Simon gave him a nod, ‘what is wrong with him?’ thought Daniel. He felt a pat on his shoulder and on turning he saw Amelia standing there with an apologetic face.

“Hey, I know I’m not on best terms with Rose, you know that,” she started, “but, of course, I’m worried for her. Just let us know when she wakes up, yeah? Take care of her but of yourself as well. I’ll see you in the office.”

Daniel gave her a tight-lipped smile and nodded.

Just as he was heading back towards Rose’s room, he saw Sophie sprinting towards him.

“Daniel…she… Rose,” Sophie started while trying to gain back her breath, “she left this note for you… at the… at the office. I didn’t open it, I just went there to collect your papers that you messaged me but I found this on your table.”

And the twists and turns never ended…

-----

So there is that. She wrote a letter, why? Why just to Daniel? Why now? What did it mean when Simon said that?

The questions don't end, do they?

Comments

  1. शांतता किती भयाण असते.सुदर लेख आहे अभिनंदन.देव मला करतो.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice written.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Daniel.... what a caring person he is...Rose is so lucky to have a friend like him. Gerald reminded me that actually we started the story from a project where they both worked together and now where their relationship have reached. I just hope that the letter has confession of her feelings for him...Daniel is in real need of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She indeed is very lucky to have him! Your comment just made me realize how long it actually has been since this story started, the nostalgia is a wonderful feeling!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope