Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

A Corona In Disguise!!


CoRoNa TiMeS😢

Around the time,
We eat fruits ripe.
Look at us all today,
Who are stuck in Quarantine.

The world is troubled
By a virus so small.
I wonder if it was-
Mother Nature's call?

The animals are happy-
Pollution has decreased,
Many Positive aspects,
Even the Ozone has healed.

Yet we are punished-
Humans who've committed sins,
This phase will end soon
May humanity win.

So learn from this
The problems we face
Are due to us
The selfish human race

This pandemic came
For humans to know
To remember the forgotten
We reap what we sow...

-- ISHITA 💓

Every poet has a source of inspiration. I have always enjoyed writing poems and jot down my thoughts and pour my feelings into them. For this poem, my inspiration was LOCKDOWN. Now, you might be wondering how is it a source of INSPIRATION?! We all got bored in lockdown? True. But it also gave us so much time; to think, to enjoy and to express gratitude. It was a blessing in disguise. We may see it as a curse, but wasn't it all we dreamt of ? Didn't we all dream how wonderful it might be if we got so many days off together? So many holidays to spend time with our friends, our family and most importantly with ourselves. Seize the moment, enjoy these days as much as you can. So sharing this poem written in Lockdown. 

Please share how you felt about it and share as much as you can!!

Also don't forget to follow my Blog so you won't miss any update...
And let me know in the comment section if I should post more poems or more article blogs...!

See you on my next blog!! 

Comments

  1. Very high thinking. Very good and God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written and explained.....god bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem Ishita... ACTUALLY these lockdown have taught a very good lesson to all humans who kept running as if in a race....there was a need to stop, to think and to set priorities in life... Wonderfully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truely said! Glad to see that you liked it! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. You have defined this pandemic in a very positive Very nicely written 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully depicted the truth of life- What you sow, so shall you reap. Lockdown was indeed the time to take a pause from such busy schedules and experience the closeness of family. Keep writing. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence