Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Every drop worth saving!!

 

"Water- water everywhere, nor any drop to drink”

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge



These lines written in 1798 prove to be true for today’s condition. Water is everywhere? Yes. But is it usable? No. Water problems have been and will always be the most concerning problems of all. The problems that we tried to avoid have become so real that it might scare us. Water is the reason why life even exists on Earth, without it life is unimaginable. According to UN reports, if preventive measures aren’t taken in conservation of water, the world will run out of fresh water by 2050...



Have you ever tasted rain water? If yes then you must know what an absolute delight it is. It is simply blissful and so pure. The water tastes so sweet and even better than the ROs at our houses. Did you know that about 275,000 litres of water runoff from your roofs and goes into the street, streams and then in seawater? Look at the number and think how wonderful it would be to save such a large volume of water! It can be possible by Rainwater harvesting…

Rain Water harvesting has been deeply rooted in India since a long time. India is practicing rainwater harvesting since 10th century. In 11th century, largest rainwater harvesting tank was created by Chola kings and it is 16 kilometre long. Water harvesting system in ancient India was far more advanced than the present. Chanakya’s Arthshastra mentions about India’s ancient water harvesting techniques and irrigation systems. These were well-managed and subject to stringent rules and regulations.

Rain water Harvesting can be done very easily in your houses/apartments. The collected water can be used in your day-to-day chores. The harvested water can also be used as drinking water, longer-term storage, and for other purposes such as groundwater recharge and irrigation purpose.

Mahatma Gandhi quoted, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” So let’s start this wave of change by changing our mind-sets, our behaviour and ourselves. Start conserving things that we have privilege to get access to. Start it by conserving the pure rain, the wonderful droplets that might save not only you, but also the world.

Please share how you felt about it and share as much as you can!!

Also don't forget to follow my Blog so you won't miss any update...

And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

Posting Blog every Thursday!

See you next thursday!! :-)



Comments

  1. Excellent mentions of Great Leader's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully portrait for importance of water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water creates life!!! Amazing one!👍🏻🌟

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAVE WATER, WATER IS LIFE...that's what have come into my mind after reading you blog.... If you want your future generations happy save water just like SIP (SYSTEMATIC INVESTMENT PLAN).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masta Ishita!! Keep it up!!! 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well said Ishita. Nice examples cited from history. General awareness on conservation of fresh water is the need of an hour.
    Happy writing 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence