Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Alone in a crowd


 I was in a crowd,
Yet I was alone.
They seemed to know me,
Yet I felt unknown.

I saw a pair of eyes,
It's lingering gaze over me.
They stayed for just a second,
Yet that made me feel free.

Those forest green eyes,
They belonged to Rose.
She didn't talk much, but,
Her every word seemed like prose.

People weren't fond,
They found her rude.
She wasn't such at all,
They just liked to intrude.

She wasn't a socialite,
Was a wolf lone
She was a smart woman,
Just not much known.

---Ishita💜---

Daniel was the son of Ethan Richards, but no one knew how he did look. He was quite surprised when everyone in the office seemed to know him.
He saw a man in his early thirties sitting in his cubicle, he had frowns over his face. Daniel had seen him in the crowd but he wasn't there because he knew him, he had just been standing there from the start and got rushed into the crowd. 
Daniel approached him after his meeting with Rose. He smiled towards Daniel and Daniel returned the smile. 
Daniel asked, "Hello, Mr. ?"
"It's Thomas." replied the man with a warm smile.
"Oh, Mr Thomas. Nice to meet you!"
"You too, Mr Richards."
"Oh please call me Daniel"
"Then you must call me John!"
"John, it is, do you mind if I ask you a question?" 
"None at all!"
"No one practically knows how Daniel Richards look. I don't go to events and all and I'm not even on any websites or anything. Then, how did everyone recognise me?"
"Oh," said John laughing, "someone dig up the files for who is the new architect and we saw your picture with your name! They've been excited to meet you since!" he said.
"That explains it!" said Daniel as he joined laughing with him.
"So have you met everyone?" asked John.
"No, just met Gerald and Rose!" he replied.
"Gerald is a humorous man, I must say."
"Yeah, he makes sure that his jokes keep people laughing," Daniel said and added," And how is Miss Rose?"
"Well, I don't know her very well. Truth is told, no one actually does. She just talks to one about work and except it, she just stays away from people! She is mostly the first to reach the office and always the last one to leave." replied John.
"Now, tell me about yourself. You are the main attraction for today!" joked John and they talked for everything but about Daniel, much to his delight.

-------------

Daniel had been very much confused why most of his co-workers found Rose rude. He had grown fond of her since the second he had arrived. She was just not like the others, and that was what made her stand out.

One day, he had gone to grab a coffee, there he saw Rose talking to the peon. She seemed to talk with a polite tone, not an authoritative one that everyone used. Still, she was the 'rude' one. Afterwards, when the peon came out, he bumped into Daniel who was still standing there pondering in his thoughts.
"Oh I'm so sorry Sir!" exclaimed the peon, with obvious worry in his eyes.
"No worries!" Daniel said smilingly, "What's your name?" added Daniel.
"It's Sean, sir!"
"Sean," said Daniel nodding, "Well, can I ask you a question?"
"Oh, yes sir, please do"
"This might seem a little straightforward, a little too much, but, um, what do you think of Rose?" asked Daniel hesitantly.
"Miss Rose, oh, to be truly honest, she is the kindest woman in the office, but she doesn't do show-off. Plus, she is an introvert, so she doesn't gossip and chit-chat like others do, so they find her a bit rude as she talks to them only for work" said Sean quickly.
"Yes, I thought so too," said Daniel smiling and added, "Judge a man, not by how he treats his equals, but by how he treats his inferiors"
"Charlie Chaplin, right?'
"Yes, yes, how did you know?"
"Well, um.., Big fan of him," said Sean quickly
"Yeah, who isn't?" Daniel joked.
----------
After some time, Daniel had to discuss something with Rose, she was the legal advisor so everything needed to be discussed with her, so he came around her cabin.
He knocked on the door and went in after her hand gesturing him to come in. She was on a phone call.
"The favourites are chocolates and those are still kept in the cold fridge are best!" he heard her say.
He wasn't sure if he heard her correctly, because he was mesmerised by her. She stood near the window, the sunlight lit on her face, the wind blew her hair in all the directions that she had to keep from going in her mouth. She was a sight to behold!

She turned around and asked him the reason for him being there. She had to ask twice, as the first time Daniel was deaf to her words. And then he nervously laughed it off. 

"The first girl who isn't interested in me, and I'm falling for her?" he asked himself, "Oh, you are in grave peril!" he joked to himself.

Well, he was always astonished by smart women, his mother, Penelope, his sister, Teressa, who now handled business with his father, and now, the unsocial butterfly, Rose.....

----------------------------------------------
So, how was this chapter? Rose isn't like normal main characters who is liked by all. But, but, but, Daniel finds himself falling for her.!! Interesting? Well, you aren't ready for what is coming next!!

Do comment down below your opinions on it!

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Very impressive writing. 👍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Daniel is a cheerful person with good sense of reading people and rose is a bit introvert.
    Rose shows all signs of an introvert person according to John.

    Their point of views are different from each other.

    Great Writing, Can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes perfectly deduced!! So glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo someone is getting attracted to the most beautiful flower in the garden....Rose. it's well said opposites attract and that is what is happening here. Daniel is not able to move himself away from Rose...maybe because she did not clinged to him like others did. As she is not the butterfly to roam in the garden, she is a beautiful flower, actually to rule the garden. By reading today's part of the story I feel it's gonna hard time for Daniel to enter in Rose's personal space...not because she is introvert but because she loves to stay in her pace which is nicely reflected by her behaviour with Sean.... nicely elucidated the Daniel's attraction to Rose...
    Feel things are going to be tough for Daniel but that is how Romance makes it room.... Nice romantic touch...👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the metaphor you used!!! Really, Rose is not the one to roam or dangle, she is the one who rules. Thank you so much for your appreciation!

      Delete
  5. One should have his own point of view. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Daniel... great personality....any girl will fall for him.... anxious...wat next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true that! Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence