Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

A pure smile




He was stuck in a situation where he could not involve her but could not even tell her. He wanted to tell her, to warn her, but he just couldn't drag her in the mess. No, he had to do it by himself.
"HEY! VIC!!" screamed Amelia so loud that brought Vic back to the present.
"Huh? Yes, actually, um, uh.... well, um..."
"Are you going to tell me why you are here or not?! You are my good friend, but I don't joke when I can call the security" she scoffed half-jokingly.
"Oh, no. You wouldn't need to go there. Well, um, actually, YES! Iwasheretocheckhiscomputerforthedata!" he said without a breath and Amelia's expression told him that she didn't understand a word. So he repeated slowly," I was here to check his computer for the data. You know, with the whole 'thing' " he drew extra focus on the word thing.
"Oh, alright. You continue with your work, I'll be heading out."
Just as she stepped outside the office, Vic let out a loud sigh. He knew she was smart enough to know there was something wrong, but she didn't push more and so he was content. But his thoughts swam back to the current problem in his hands.

-----------------

 After the episode, Rose grew quite friendly with Daniel. She would now talk with him instead of just replying to his questions. She still didn't laugh much, but at times, if you were lucky, you could see a small smile slip on her face.

One day she left her office with a huge smile on her face. Of course, no one saw her, but if anyone did, they would not have been able to not grow a similar grin on their face. It was such pure. It was a surprise for her too, that she still was able to smile, after all that...
That day, her day had not been a good one. With a knock on her door, in came Daniel. He had that stupid smile on his face that he carried with him all the time. 
"Hello, Daniel. What brings you here?" Rose asked him as her fingers worked on the laptop.
"Hey... So, um, I, um, actually,.." Daniel started saying but couldn't find the words he had to say. His thoughts wandered back to the book in his hands.
"Yeah?" Rose spoke up and broke the trail of his thoughts.
Daniel smiled again and sat on the chair in front of Rose and said, "So I'll get straight to the point. I was passing a book shop yesterday, and a book reminded me of you. So..." he said as he took out the book that was in his hands behind him. As he handed her the book he mumbled Igikai, though it was not slow enough to not reach her.
"Igikai?" she questioned.
"Yeah, it's a Japanese word. It actually means 'I trust you'."
A small smile appeared on her face and she said, "You know it doesn't mean that!"
"It doesn't?" he asked with a very confused face.
"No, it doesn't. But thank you.." she said with a real smile visible on her face; a real, pure smile. It was not like the other smiles that she had to fake or a small smile that appeared when he joked, he had to see that twice or thrice to actually believe that she smiled and it was not his imagination instead, it was a smile that he would remember.
Even though her smile didn't last too long, he noticed how her eyes closed partially as she smiled. Her cheeks raised up and a small dimple grew around her cheek. "Gosh, she is beautiful" he found himself thinking to himself.

All was well, until...

____________________

Another cliffhanger... What is going to happen after they're finally happy? Also, what is Vic hiding?

What do you think is happening? Don't forget to comment your thoughts upon this!

Please comment your opinion on them, I would love to see your point of view.

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Atlast...enjoying the story...very happy 😊💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice development in the story. God bless you👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we are back to our romantic story.... It just reminds of Pretti Zinta from KAL HO NA HO. And now the character Rose has a face too in my imagination. Girls with dimples are really the cute one...ow Daniel is falling for her,but hope she too feels the same for him. Like her character that is protrayed, she must not stay stubborn on not feeling anything for anyone .... Love the progression of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose is a complicated character. She has a tough shield over herself but deep down she is a cute normal girl. But the main question is, what caused to create such a shield over her? Thank you for your wonderful comment as always!!

      Delete
    2. Yes that's a BBIIIIGGGG question? Somewhere Daniel will break that shield....then again HHHOOOOWWWW?

      Delete
    3. That will be by... Oops for now it's hush hush...!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence