Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Until...



Now the days seemed to go faster somehow. The workload had increased but his worries weren't getting any lower. Gerald had returned from his 'holiday', but Daniel thought that his little getaway was of no use. He still got lost in between meetings and sometimes he also ignored someone talking to him. But he never let his guard down, or let anyone know what troubled him. He was still the goofy person Daniel had met on his first day but nowadays something seemed off about him.

Daniel also formed a brotherly bond with Vic, one he never had. Vic was a complicated person. He had that brotherly compassion and an 'I have to do everything I set my mind to' type personality. The only people in the company that saw Daniel as a normal person enough to get angry at him or show him his mistakes were Rose and Vic. Maybe even Sophie and Amelia, but Claire was having a tough job to not treat him as the son of 'The Ethan Richards'.

It was three months since the big 'thing' happened and now it was as if they almost even forgot it happened. All may have forgotten but not some of them, some very observant ones.

Rose was still the most workaholic person in the company and used to work the hardest. She had the vibe around her that it demanded respect and one could not easily not give it to her. She almost once called Daniel her friend when asked but changed her word halfway and called him a colleague instead. If one was observant enough, they could see Daniel smiling from behind the door or even though they weren't observant they would see him beaming. And all was well until that day filled with horrors came into their lives as a wave of the sea comes to destroy the beautifully and gradually created sandcastle...

It was just a day like the others. Rose was the first one to come in the office, scanning through the files that she completed last night. After half an hour or so the chatterings of the employees filled the office and it was just another day.

But then after a few moments, Vic came running into her office. He looked... all covered in sweat and his hair were an unruly mess. He was always so decently dressed and just his state was enough for her to tell that something was completely wrong. But just as he could say something, Gerald came in, joked about something and took him out of her cabin. But Rose wasn't the one to sit back so she left the papers in her hand to mix among the papers scattered on her desk and went behind them.

As she went to speak with Vic, his body language seemed different now. He was hiding something. She was certain of it. But even after several questions to dig deeper in his mind, she got nothing from him. 
"I'll ask him a little later, but I'm certainly not forgetting this," she thought to herself as she went back towards her cabin.

The rest of the day was rather the same but it was until Daniel came rushing towards her cabin. 'Oh, why is everyone rushing towards my cabin today,' was the only thing she thought at that moment.

Daniel seemed...scared? Or was he angry? She couldn't differentiate for the first time and that irritated her. He burst into her cabin and stood panting for a moment. After a deep breath and courage of mind to put together the words he never, even in his worst nightmares, thought he would have to use spoke, "Vic is dead"...

----------------------

VIC IS DEAD... WHAT? WHY? HOW? and so many questions that just Daniel might be able to answer. Sorry for another cliffhanger!

But what do you think happened to him? Please do comment with your thoughts. It was so tough to kill off such a pleasant character to write...

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. OMG....never thought that there will be such a tragic twist to the story...I think Vic was already under impression that Gerald is upto something and he must have solved that riddle. Unfortunately he could not convey it to Rose and his these efforts brought him to end of his life...poor guy...must day dedicated pal. But these news are going to make people crazy...Rose is smart enough to suspect Gerald into the matter...so even she is in danger too.... Well these are my suspections let's see what's in store next week...👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful observation! I love how you always read the things that I wish to convey without writing! So glad that you liked the progression of the story!

      Delete
  2. Very unexpected twist in the story!! Eagerly waiting for the next blog now!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence