Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

False information

 


Rose, the most wonderful woman he had ever met, was there stepping out of her comfort zone to provide him with the emotional support he needed at the moment. The slender hands patting softly on his back to comfort him and the small glances, not of pity but of understanding, were the loudest screams that she lowered her walls for him; that she trusted him.

But this wonderful moment was ruined as Amelia came bursting into their office. She was in an angry mood. When she saw Gerald searching for something in Vic’s cabin, she couldn’t help herself so she went in without another thought and confronted him about it. He replied without hesitation, in an almost practised tone, that he was searching for his personal details. His phone had gotten destroyed in the accident and they were supposed to inform his family. Supposedly, he had given false details about his family and his house address was also false.

Amelia was confused, more like. She didn’t know what or how to think. She was angry at him to leave them, but she shouldn’t be angry, she told herself. She was sad, terribly sad and now she doubted Gerald? Her feelings were a mess.

She thought Rose might have some information about Vic, so she went to Rose’s cabin. She had seen Rose and Daniel hugging when she went to meet Gerald, and now when she was back they were still sitting there, none of them speaking a word. She waited a moment for them to get up, but they still were there. She waited for another five minutes but now her patience was thinning. And when they still didn’t move, she had lost the little bit of patience left in her. So she burst into her cabin and looking towards the wall said, “You know, we have a little bigger problems in our hands right now. Could you guys continue this after I get my answers?”

Daniel looked at her with an annoyed face. ‘She always has to rain on someone’s parade, doesn’t she?’ he caught himself thinking.

Rose gave her a rude look and said, “If you are not aware, people should knock on someone’s door instead of barging straight in.”
Amelia gave her a half-amused look and asked, “Do you think this is a situation to showcase manners?”
“Do you- okay,” said Rose taking a deep breath, “tell me what did you need?”
“We need to contact Vic’s family, but the numbers he had given are false and no one has contact with his family. Do you have any information that he may have given?”
“No, I don’t think so I have any,” said Rose after a moment.

While the conversation was going on, Daniel just sat on the floor with a confused look on his face. ‘Why he must’ve had given false info about himself?’ was the only thought running in his mind and he would find that out.

----------

Why did Vic lie about his information? What is happening?
Do comment your thoughts about it, I would love to read about it...

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Previous episodes are yet to read but really interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be he was too reserved kind of.....or actually a false person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe or maybe not... But good observation... Thank you for reading!!

      Delete
  3. Interesting.
    suspense est à !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm you made me think,🤔🤔

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go with a new hairpin loop added to your story....you end it so well that people have to scratch their head...that's what I am doing now. Bit I really feel that Gerald is hiding something very very serious and that seems is not in favor to the colleagues. May be he is hiding the truth about Vic's family so that nobody can reach them...my all doubts are towards Gerald - a big manipulator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderfully elucidated!! Thank you so much for the appreciation!Is Gerald the manipulator? Or was Vic the suspicious one? That's for the next blog!!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes one has to speak lie because of some conditions... God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence