Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Food is better than Victory


'Why has everyone decided to ruin every good moment of this day?' was Daniel's thought after declining the second call from Gerald. He had nonchalantly declined the first call and was happy enough to do it again. Joining back to the conversation with Rose about their favourite place in the World, about which he was unsure how it had started they were just talking about their favourite dish and then the conversation just flowed easily, he said agreeing with her, "India is truly a beautiful country! Have you ever travelled there?"

She replied with a casual tone shrugging her shoulders that she hadn't but wished to. Soon his phone rang for the third time. His smile dropped with an irritated look on his face. 'Declining calls twice means that someone is not interested in talking to you. Shouldn't he get that by now?' Daniel thought.

"I think you should get it this time. Someone is surely eager to talk to you..." joked Rose, which was quite the joke in itself.

"I think you will change your words after I tell you it's Gerald."

"Huh?" she said in a normal tone ( he was not sure how someone could say 'huh' in a normal tone and still sound intelligent, but wasn't he used to to uncommon things by now?) and continued, "I still think you should at least answer it then..."

"Oops yeah..." he said while finally picking up the phone.
"Hello?" he said into the phone but instead of a reply he only heard back static crackling, which indicated-
"You need to go out to hear it properly, network issues here," said Rose stealing words from his thoughts.

He went out on the balcony to finally hear him clearly, which he was not very happy about. Of course, he wanted to cut the call with the reason for the network issue, but okay.
"Hello?" he heard Gerald speaking.
"Yes, I can hear you now.."
"Oh great finally! How are you?"
"Gerald, are you drinking?"
"NO, no, no, I meant after today.."
'I was okay just until you called, but I am not now' was the only thing Daniel wished to say but with a very fake smile he said, "Yeah, I am good now. Thanks for asking..."
"Oh, wonderful! Have you reached home?"
"Yeah.." he replied. What else must he say? That he was at Rose's home cooking dinner? No, 'yeah' seemed a better answer.
Daniel's eyes met the eyes of a man in a dark grey shirt standing near the road, who was directly looking towards him.
With some more unnecessary chit-chat, he went back in. Rose didn't ask what he spoke with Gerald, she never did and it was an admirable trait of hers.

"So.." began Daniel," dinner is ready. Shall we?"
"We shall," she said with a beaming smile radiating on her face.

The dinner was delicious. 'Scrumptious' was the word, more like. Even Rose admitted it was better than the take-out she might've had ordered if she might've had been alone. She didn't admit it directly, but you get it...

"Can't we all agree that food is the best thing in the world?" she murmured.
"You liked it, Jess?" he blurted
"Yeah. It is great! Didn't know I changed my name though..."
"Huh?"
"Jess. You called me Jess"
"No, I didn't."
"Yes, you did."
"No-"
"Okay," she said finally choosing food over victory.

------------------
Jess. Who is Jess? Also, Why was Gerald inquiring so much? What is he behind? Or is he genuinely concerned?

Do comment your thoughts about it, I would love to read about it...

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Awww....there they are spending some good time....but someone had to disturb them. I still have the feeling that Gerald is upto something which is not in the favour of the staff...may be it's the project on which they all are working. And now who is Jess? Seems Daniel's EX.. let's wait and see where the story goes....👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, someone always has to disturb them... Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written blog!! Could see the writing as a movie in front of my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence