Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

She is absolutely gorgeous



The day was an absolutely horrifying one. Daniel was a mess by the end of it. If it hadn't been Rose, he must've had a breakdown in the bathroom. He was never good at handling sorrows, he still isn't.

He doesn't believe but he is currently cooking in Rose's kitchen. How he reached there doesn't seem real to him.

After the crying and all (he doesn't like to talk about it, nor he ever will, but he is still over the moon that he had Rose to lean on for support) he was about to leave when he heard a slow voice saying his name. He knew who that was without turning, he would know that voice among thousands.

The one, to whom the voice belonged, was steadily walking towards him. A little smile formed on his lips as he saw, of course, it was Rose. Her hair was tied up in a weird bun and in her hands, she had a few files as usual.

"Hey Daniel, were you heading out?" she said in a very sweet voice. Everything she did was seeming sweet to Daniel, so he was unsure if she used a sweet tone or it was her normal tone.

"Yeah, was just heading out. Why? Did anything happen?" he replied with a weird feeling in his gut. He just wanted the day to end.

"No, no. Actually," she said with a sheepish grin, in which she looked the prettiest person alive, not that Daniel would say that to her, but with a small pause, she continued," I have misplaced my car keys, I think. Could you give me a lift?"

"Yeah, umm, sure!" Daniel replied with a small smile hanging on his lips. He didn't know he could be able to smile that day...

After reaching her house, with lots of 'drive better' looks from Rose, he stood at her door with her. A little 'Oh no!' escaped from her lips.
"What happened?" Daniel asked very quickly, not wanting another problem for today, they've had enough, haven't they.

Looking at his face, Rose chuckled and holding her phone she said," No need to worry. It's just that my today's dinner couldn't reach home as the cook was ill, so..."

"Oh..." said Daniel sighing, he had almost forgotten about his dinner but his empty stomach reminded him of it. Not that he would be able to eat anything, but the gurgling of his stomach told him that he had to, whether he wanted it or not.

A little chuckle left Rose's mouth hearing the gurgling of his stomach as she said," Wanna join me for dinner? I will anyways be ordering takeout.."

"Takeout? Why? You don't cook? Wow, finally there is one thing that you don't know!" said Daniel half chuckling.
"I do cook, I just don't like to cook!" said Rose with a grumpy expression, that Daniel might've said was a cute one.
"So," Daniel said taking a pause," are you going to let us in or what?"
"Oh, yes, sorry..." she replied with a small smile again.

She opened the lock and stepped into her house, Daniel followed behind her. Her house was exactly how he had expected it to be. A huge work table with an enormous number of books residing on it neatly arranged though, he would like to add. A beautiful piano also resided in her living room. Daniel never thought Rose to be a pianist, she was always full of surprises.

"Do you play the piano?" he asked, which was a dumb question he thought after saying it.
"Yeah, sometimes I do, but not a very good player," she said returning from the room she went in, which Daniel supposed must be her room.

"What do you want to order?" she asked after a moment.
"Oh, we aren't ordering."
"Why? I am not in a mood to cook, to be honest."
"I am going to cook," he replied with a proud smile.
"You can cook? That's nice," she said.

The beeping of the microwave brought him back to the present situation. Cooking was always a stress-buster for him. People speculated it to be funny or false, but he never paid heed to their thoughts, why should he?

Rose was in the living room probably reading something, he thought. As the microwave beeped, she came into the kitchen a moment later.
"How is the cooking going?" she casually asked.
"Surely better than the takeout you were going to order," he joked
"Well, I was going to order the burger we had that day," she said raising eyebrows in a very cute manner. They still referred to it as 'that day', but both of them knew what she was talking about.
"Oh, I lose. You should've told me earlier, I wouldn't have cooked then!" Daniel said laughing.
"You didn't want to listen through," she said raising her shoulders in a 'your fault' way. She looked absolutely gorgeous, he thought to himself.

This wonderful moment was ruined when Daniel's phone rang loudly, it didn't ruin yet, it was ruined when he saw the caller, it was Gerald. Why was he calling him now?

-------------
Alas, a sweet moment between Rose and Daniel...

But why is Gerald calling Daniel now? He never calls him... What is going on with him?

Do comment your thoughts about it, I would love to read about it...

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Absolutely fantastic.....I was waiting some good moments between Rose and Daniel...and there they are... finally Daniel made it into Rose's place and no sooner into her heart.... initially it seemed they are opposites but now there are certain similarities noticed between both....is it they both are trying to get along with each other or they just love to be with each other .... whatever I just LOVEDDDDD reading today...👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, finally some peaceful moments! Thank you so much for your amazing comment!!

      Delete
  2. Good going Ishita!!
    Finally their normal life has started after coping with tragedies one after the other

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good...... Chalo kuch too hua!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence