Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Carnivals

 


Carnivals. Daniel hated them with a passion. Not that they weren’t fun, but he felt that they were completely overrated. He just couldn’t imagine why putting their lives in danger by sitting in the rides was so loved by all people.

But right now he was driving him and rose to a Carnival. He couldn’t gather the courage to tell Rose when she looked so excited to lighten his mood. Honestly, if he were a poet he would’ve written a poem on how happy she looked. But considering his vocabulary, ‘beautiful’ was the word he settled on.

She didn’t talk much during the car ride. They both actually enjoyed the comfortable silence between them. But he saw the way her eyes were practically glowing with happiness. He had never seen her so happy. He remembered the way she held her eyes low in the morning and she never kept her eyes low.

When they reached there she let out a little squeak. Not like the ones they showed girls doing in the movies, which truth be told look so fake, but her squeak was like a small rat when he runs towards cheese or so he thought it was like. He actually was so glad that he was finally seeing the many layers of Rose. She was a smart and sophisticated woman, but also a messy eater. She was so tough when she was needed to be and now she was literally beaming with joy on seeing the carnival.

People in the carnival looked so happy. He was not sad, he wasn’t, but he wasn’t that happy too. Until he absorbed the atmosphere, Rose had already gotten the tickets. She was like a little kid who was let free in a garden.

“What are you waiting for? The rides aren’t going to come here!” she said snapping her fingers in front of his eyes.

Oh, this was going to be a dangerous ride.

-----------

“I AM NEVER SITTING BACK IN THIS RIDE EVER AGAIN!!” screamed Daniel at the top of his lungs when the rollercoaster took an abrupt turn.

After lots of convincing from Rose, Daniel had agreed to sit in one ride and Rose selected it to be the most dangerous ride in the world. She looked like a little puppy begging for a piece of biscuit from your hand and you just can’t say no.

“JUST ENJOY THE MO-AAH-MENT NOW,” Rose screamed back at him. Her cheeks were flushed to a shade of deep pink.

“I DON’T WANT TO DIE TOO” cried Daniel when they were on top of the rollercoaster. Rose suddenly stopped screaming and slowly let her hand loose from the fences that held them in their place, or so he thought they were called, and let her long fingers hold his hand. Her hand was soft though strong and for a moment he forgot that they were on a ride, literally on the verge to die, but it was just her holding his hand, just like they showed in the movies and everyone just disappeared for a second.

“Live a little first,” she whispered as the ride stopped for a second and then she let out a loud scream when suddenly they were going down again. It felt like he had a huge ball created in his stomach and he couldn’t comprehend if he liked it or not.

After a ride was finally over and they had to move out, he couldn’t move his legs. It was a funny feeling. Rose let out a little chuckle and then after a moment they walked out of the ride.

Just as they were out Daniel quickly turned to Rose and pulled her in a hug and whispered a little ‘thank-you’ in her ear. Daniel was glad she didn’t get angry about his reaction but to his surprise, she even hugged him back and when they parted he saw a proud smile sitting on her face. He wanted to jump thinking that she had that smile on her face due to him.

He felt truly alive in the moment.

“Liked it so much?” she mumbled.

“It was wonderful.”

“Up for another ride?” she asked with a mischievous smile replacing the proud one.

“Oh God NO,” he admitted. “Let’s just walk, shall we?” he said gesturing the way.

“So, tell me something about yourself,” he said enthusiastically.

“About me?” she replied with a finger pointing at herself.

“I know one fact about you and that is that you love carnivals so much.”

“I don’t love them so much,” she argued.

“Huh? You can’t see yourself right now, can you?” he asked lifting up his shoulders to prove his point.

“I bet I look so weird right now, don’t I?” she scrunched up her nose saying so.

“Uh-huh. You look beautiful,” was all he said and it was the real truth.

-------

She is a beautiful person, isn't she? And isn't Daniel too cute too? Let me know your thoughts...

Also, don't forget to follow my blog so you won't miss an update...
And don't forget to check out my others blogs too!!

See you next Thursday!!💕

Comments

  1. Carnivals 🥳🥳🥳 ..loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet blog!! Amazing writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These could be the best time for both Rose and Daniel... They are creating some lovely moments to remember....may be Rose is trying to take over the mood of Daniel...after all the bad times they were going through. They are developing a sacred bond....but loved reading your blog. Though I am late, but loved the way Rose is taking over Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah finally they are having a good time!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence