Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Stars are fascinating


 'Beautiful’ is such a sweet word. Say it to a friend, a lover or even inanimate objects and still the meaning never ceases to fade. And now that Daniel had told the same to Rose, he meant it really, he felt as if that word was not enough for her. If only had he read the books that he was supposed to read when he was young,

They were now walking towards their car after a long walk. They had a complete conversation on totally random topics starting from pineapples over pizzas and now they were talking about constellations. It is really amazing how you might be talking completely horrendous things with a certain person and still, it seems interesting. So was the case with Daniel, he was never that interested in the stars and all but now the constellations seemed the most fascinating things in the world, well out of the world but you get the idea.

“…it’s called as Orion,” she said moving her fingers along some stars as if joining them with some imaginary lines.

“Ugh,” cried Daniel, “Why do they all seem the same to me!”

“Wait, lemme show it to you,” she said as she lifted his hand towards the clear sky, “close one eye and focus with the other.” She directed his fingers towards the stars and said, “Look, these lines together make it look like a hunter, but I like to see that as an archer.”

Daniel was definitely watching the night sky with Rose so close to him. Oh, definitely. The stars, the lights of the carnival behind them, the shining moonlit Rose’s face so prettily that her sparkle could leave the stars to shame. Oh god, how much he sounded like a cheap poet now!

“Did you get it now?” asked Rose moving him out of his thoughts.

“Uh? Yeah, yeah. It was really…uh… beautiful,” he said stammering.

“Yeah, it is. You know, when I was about 8-9 years old, I loved astronomy soo much that I had always wished to be an astronaut.”

“What? That is crazy! Even Teressa wanted to be one! I always mocked her but now I know why she was always at the roof counting the stars,” he said looking back up at the stars that was now prominently visible as they were now a little farther from the carnival.

“Bet she’ll have a good laugh now about it,” joked Rose.

“You know about Teressa? She’s my sister,” said Daniel in a surprised tone. Whenever he mentioned her before, people always assumed her to be his ‘love interest’ and so he had developed a habit of mentioning his family as little as possible.

“Umm… Uh…Ye-yeah... Oh, why do you forget that I was the one who finalised you for the job? I ought to know at least that much about you…”

“And… She is well known than me,” said Daniel as if he had read her mind.

“Yeah, that too,” said Rose chuckling nervously.

“So shall we get some food? Or shall I cook again?” asked Daniel.

“What about the Burger Place? Haven’t had a Burger in ages!”

“Sure let's-…” he was interrupted as a bike suddenly came out of nowhere in a haphazard way and he moved out of his way but before he could warn Rose about it the bike slammed directly at her.

Within a fraction of second, she fell to the ground and the biker who appeared very drunk ran in the opposite direction naturally panicked. Daniel tried to run behind him but as he had a bike, he was obviously faster.

She let out a loud scream and Daniel’s attention was diverted back towards her. She was still on the ground and had tears swelled up in her eyes. Her leg was scaringly straight and he was hoping it was not what he thought it would be.

----------

Sorry for such a short blog this time!

Are you thinking what I am thinking has happened to Rose's leg? Also, wasn't this little chat between them cute? Let me know what you're thinking...


Comments

  1. Very nice blog.God bless you. waiting for next blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was so cute.....though short but I love that cuddly talks they both had.... especially when Rose holds Daniel's hand to show him ORION.....AWWW so lovely and so innocent they are....a bond of friendship is bringing both of them together....they are opening up with eachother....I guess Rose is going to get good care and attention from Daniel now after the accident. That shall become a reason for closer and deep relationship between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! Rose is finally opening up and allowing herself to be happy with Daniel! The girl who never talked is now talking about any and everything with Daniel... Thank you for your sweet note on the blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence