Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

The thunderstorm

Author's note: Would definitely recommend listening to 'Sign of the Times' by Harry Styles while reading this :)

------

 If one thinks the screams and shouting-s are horrifying then they surely haven’t experienced silence, how loud and unbearable it can be. So loud that it pierces through your ears and wipes out all the patience in you and Daniel had faced both in the span of the past few hours.

The calm was so scary that the thunderstorm was surely going to be more. So it was; it was one of the most horrifying thunderstorms Daniel had ever faced.

Daniel couldn't comprehend what had happened. Those few hours were all blurry. 

The screams.

The cries.

The sirens.

It wasn't how they showed in the movies; there was no slow motion scene running in front of him. It had happened so quickly that he couldn't even process it completely.

All he saw was her sad face, the apologetic smile, the truck and then blood. Though he later remembered to note the number of the truck, he was already too late for the driver had already run away.

She was quickly rushed to the hospital and Daniel may or may not have bribed his way through with her. His shaking hand never left the hold of her blood-stained limp one.

After six hours of him sitting outside the operating room, along with Sophie who had rushed to the hospital as soon as she could, the doctor came out of the OR.

“Are you here with Miss Rose Whistleberry?” asked the doctor looking over at Daniel who had not left his seat since he had reached there except for the time when the nurse had come over to ask him to fill the form.

“You a relative of hers?” the nurse had asked.

“Um no- I mean-” he was cut off by Sophie who got there just a few minutes ago, “He’s her boyfriend and I’m her sister. Can we fill out the form please?”

He was definitely getting her a box of chocolates along with every book she wants.

“Are you here with Miss Rose Whistleberry?” the doctor repeated her question to Daniel who sat there with his head in his hands while keeping them on his knees.

“Yes, yes, yes I’m with- I’m with her? How is she? Is she alright? Can I see her? Is she going to be alright, doctor?” he had asked away as soon as his attention was grabbed by the presence of the doctor.

The doctor took a moment and replied, “She has some torn ligaments and she had some internal bleeding which was hard to stop but…”

“But what doctor? What does that mean? Now is really not the time for dilly-dallying,” Daniel exclaimed finally growing impatient.

“She had severe damage to her skull so she isn’t responsive as of yet but she’ll be alright.”

It felt like the day of your result, you wait the entire year for the academic session to end but then the day of the result comes and suddenly you want to go back to the confines of the classroom. The nervousness ends when the result card is in your hands and a wonderful grade is imprinted over it, this moment felt like that.

Daniel finally took a breath of relief as his shoulders slumped and he fell back in the chair again.

The doctor nodded at Sophie with a smile and left them alone. Daniel sighed again as he quickly rubbed his sleeve over the tear that rushed out of his eyes.

Then he looked over to Sophie with tired blood-red eyes and whispered, “She’s going to be alright…”

Maybe the thunderstorms couldn’t burn all the flowers…

-----

And so she's going to be okay... or so they say.

Tell me what you think of today's blog. Why is getting into such accidents? Is it merely a coincidence? Why didn't she react to the truck?

Too many underlying questions...

See you next Thursday <3

Comments

  1. Oh my God can't wait for next Thursday 🤔🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are tough moments. Nicely related to results.... Well these has not happened just ths time...may be there is something else cooking in the neighbours pot. I feel there is abig suspense to reveal. Right now I am as confused and locked up in thoughts like Daniel, who actually doesn't know why ths things are happening. I will be equally shocked when the TRUTH is revealed. At first it was like Daniel is the target but now the attention shifts towards Rose... Well these are just presumption but hope Daniel is not hurt more. I really like that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, so sorry for the late reply!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence