Priceless

Image
  *Daniel’s pov* I tried and tried to find something worthwhile in Rose’s cabin. I didn’t find anything that seemed out of work. I don’t know if I could ever call her Aubrey. She will always be Rose for me. Rose. Delicate, gentle, and strong. I needed to know what secrets she was hiding that was troubling her. I would not think twice before taking all those horrible things away from her at any cost and hiding her safe from the entire world. She deserves calm and peace. She deserves everything. Just as I get searching the last cupboard, the shrill ring of my phone alerts me. My stomach twists when I see it’s Sophie calling. I had this weird feeling nagging at me that I pushed down not so long ago. “Is everything okay?” are the words that drop out of my mouth just as I answer the call. “Dan- Daniel, um,” she takes a breath in before continuing, “um, I think you should come here-” I end the call before she says anything more. This can’t be good. The familiar feeling of p

Aubrey Matthews

 


“Oh god, yes, Bree. How many times should I say that? She is our Bree, Aubrey Matthews.”

Daniel’s world paused for a minute. There was nothing going on in his mind apart from plain confusion.

She was not some Aubrey, she was Rose, his Rose Whistleberry.

What if the one that the lady was referring as Aubrey was a long lost twin of Rose? What if the lady is mistaking Rose for someone who looks like her but isn’t her?

That must be the case, right?

She was Rose Whistleberry.

Right?

He wasn’t going to question everything he knows about her just because of one thing that someone else said.

While he was questioning this, the old lady had disappeared somewhere. He appreciated the solitude, he needed it at the moment. There was definitely some confusion here, he was sure of it.

In a while, the lady returned with a file of some sort. It was very old file from the looks of it.

“Boy, here,” she said, “I don’t know why you are calling her Rose or who you are to her today but if she told you about this place, I know she trusts you enough for this,” she handed him the file from her hand and motioned for him to sit on the couch.

“Um, thank you. Really appreciate it,” Daniel said giving another tight-lipped smile.

On the file, in bold letters, it was written ‘Aubrey Matthews’.

“Poor child lost her parents while she was just twelve, so she was sent here for the next six years. She was the most beautiful soul I have ever met. So very quiet and so very kind,” said the lady with a knowing smile.

There was something in the way that the lady was saying that made him try to convince his mind that it was indeed Rose about whom she was talking.

“After she turned eighteen,” she continued, “she left. There was no contact from her after that. I don’t know what she did or where she went. After two or three years, I started getting money cheques from someone anonymous and after six months of receiving them there was just one cheque with a letter that said ‘Thank you.’ It was signed ‘A’ and that was clear enough for me to know who that was. She has grown into a wonderful and successful woman I believe; she was always the smart one.”

Daniel was trying to process one thing at a time.

She was not Rose, the woman he had grown so attached to was Aubrey.

He didn’t know why but the name Aubrey just was a perfect name for someone like her. Kind, strong and fierce.

“She never even got into much fights, yeah except for the ones with Bree,” she said with a laugh.

“Bree?” he asked being confused. He was still trying to wrap his head around the whole deal. It felt like everything he had known was turning out to be a lie. Everything that he knew felt like a cover up.

“Oh yes, Bree… Briana. Both of them had grown up with the same names since their childhood so that’s what they were called. The confusion that took place was hilarious but none of them were backing out so they had to deal with that. She-”

She was cut off by a call on Daniel’s cell. He apologized and answered the call which was from Sam, his last hope for the pen-drive.

“The pen-drive is unbreakable,” he said.

There went away the last strand of hope he had stored for the situation at her house. He had no idea what the pen-drive would contain but considering the secluded location of it, he was sure that it contained something really important.

“But…” he started.

“But what?!” Daniel asked now growing impatient.

“I got something off of it, I don’t understand what it is but it just said something about ‘REBEL SMOKE’.

“About what?”

“You heard it correctly, and there was something about Cordelia Sites that I couldn’t catch.”

Cordelia Sites. Their office. This wasn’t an accident.

Rose being in coma wasn’t an accident.

Was Vic’s death an accident or did he have something with this?

------

And the secrets are starting to come out.

Were the coincidences too strange to be accidents? Or was Daniel very wrong?

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section!!

Comments

  1. Oh my god… how many surprises are in your bouquet …love it…and eager 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These is so shocking.....who thought that things will get connected in ths manner.... But if i am not mistaken Vic did share some stuffs with Rose...may be Rose is the secret box now or may be Rose is a made personality actually to hide AUBREY....oh now I am thinking another way like is she some kind of UNDERCOVER AGENT or something and gonna disclose some really big secrets 🤔🤔
    Well let's see what's gonna happen next. Poor Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smart Ways To Deal with Mean Comments!!

Hope

Uncomfortable silence